Wine Growers Ontario is committed to ensuring that its members, governments and the public are fully informed of its activities and advocacy positions to grow the entire industry and its contributions to Canada and Ontario.
ONTARIO WINE AND GRAPE INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE STUDY
We welcome you to read the fourth annual Ontario Wine and Grape Industry Performance Study. This benchmarking survey is part of the Ontario government’s five year $75 million renewed Wine and Grape Strategy to support the growth and success of Ontario’s wine and grape industry.
The survey and report were developed by VQA Ontario and Deloitte in consultation with representatives of the wine and grape industry and the Government of Ontario. This report provides an overview of the present state of the industry based on a comprehensive survey of active wineries and grape growers. Information is presented on the financial state of the industry, including the impact on tourism and hospitality.
- June 17, 2020 – Ontario Government Supports the Domestic Grape and Wine Industry
- June 16, 2020 – WGAO Rebrands as Wine Growers Ontario
- May 25, 2019 – Retail Modernization
- April 19, 2018 – Ontario wine industry disappointed with Supreme Court ruling
- September 6, 2017 – 2017 Grape Price Agreement reached with Grape Growers of Ontario, Wine Council of Ontario and Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario
- March 7, 2017 – Canadian Wine and Grape Industry Contributes $9 Billion in Economic Impact to Canadian Economy
- January 13, 2017 – WGAO Appoints New President & CEO, Aaron Dobbin
- July 5, 2016 – Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario elect Del Rollo of Constellation Brands Canada to Chair of the Board
- June 23, 2016 – 2016 Grape Price Agreement reached with Grape Growers of Ontario, Wine Council of Ontario, Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario
- February 18, 2016 – Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario Welcomes Premier’s Advisory Council Recommendations
- March 12, 2015 – Wine Country Ontario Appoints New Executive Director of Marketing
- July 4, 2014 – Two Year Grape Pricing Agreement Reached
- February 12, 2014 – New Federal Icewine Regulation
- December, 16, 2013 – Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario supports Provincial Government’s Announcement Strengthening Wine Industry
- June 27, 2013 – Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario elect Ontario wine veteran Jim Clark of Colio Estate Wines to Chair of the Board
- March 5, 2013 – Canadian Wine and Grape Industry Contributes $6.8 Billion in Economic Impact to Canadian Economy
- March 8, 2012 – 2nd Annual Grape and Wine Summit Brings Industry Together to Focus on the Future
- February 3, 2012 – Comminique to the Grape & Wine Industry
- July 19, 2010 – Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario appoints Niagara Business Leader Patrick Gedge to President and CEO
- July 8, 2010 – Grape Growers of Ontario, Winery & Grower Alliance of Ontario and Wine Council of Ontario reach a two year agreement on grape pricing